The Mantis Hotel is located next to St James' church which was built in 1774, which is the oldest Anglican church in the Southern Hemisphere.
Originally of the Georgian era, the building of Mantis St Helena Hotel was revamped during the Victorian era and has kept several old artefacts from officers of the East India Company, back when the island was used for military accommodation.
The archway which was previously covered up but exposed during constructing of The Mantis, is of intricate design and a beautiful feature for the hotel.
Another important find is an old well in the garden of suite 3, which is thought to be of the earliest of Jamestown’s remaining built heritage pieces.
Now Mantis St Helena Hotel accurately resembles its original Georgian appearance, except with a few Victorian hallmarks.
The Hotel at a Glance
22 Contemporary rooms:
- 18 rooms have showers while 4 rooms have baths
- 4 rooms are interleading
- 2 rooms with en suite bathrooms that are wheelchair friendly
- Wheelchair friendly access throughout the Mantis Hotel
8 Heritage rooms:
- First and Second Suites with an interleading door
- First Suite has a ball and claw bath, with a 4-poster bed
- Seventh and Eighth Suites are separate to the main building, situated in the Cottage
- Eighth Suite has a separate shower and bath
Why wait? Send us your reservation enquiry now.